Join dates and locations
Next AGC Range & Safety Orientation / Member Sign-up:
Nov 19 2022, 10am-1pm, Barnes Range House (Lower Classroom)
For range orientations, please RSVP via e-mail to Doug Anderson at email@example.com
AGC Range orientations are conducted by Garrison from April to Sept. on the days of our monthly meetings, which are on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. (Our January meeting is on the 3rd Tuesday.) New member signup and range orientations are from 6pm to 9pm unless otherwise scheduled. Regular club meetings start at 8pm at Memorial Hall on the Trap Range; doors generally open around 7pm.
Those attending a range and safety orientation should meet at the specified location promptly, preferably 10 minutes early. When attending a meeting or evening orientation, please park on the Trap Range since the other range parking lots close at 8pm. Be sure to check below for what to bring with you to the range.
What to bring, what to do first:
- Garrison Membership Application (Fill out, print, and bring with you if you can. Preferred way). Note: Garrison will have extra copies of the club application if you cannot print one for the new member sign up and range & safety orientation.
- Bring hearing protection for range walkthrough portion of range and safety orientation. (Foam plugs will do.)
- $50 cash or check made out to Garrison Rifle and Revolver Club, Inc. for 2023 club membership. This new member price includes a one-time $30 initiation fee. Note: After joining the club renewal cost each year is only $20
- We are a NRA affiliated club (#C2875). NRA membership is not required to join Garrison, but it is encouraged. Click here to join, renew, or extend and get a $10 – $40 club discount.
Once you become a member:
After joining Garrison Rifle and Revolver Club and completing the range and safety orientation on your join date, the cost for the AGC range badge for 2023 is $225. Annual AGC Range Badges run January to January, but usually begin issue in November for the next year. (check with the range house) Club membership and a range badge makes it possible for you to shoot on the range whenever it is open.
- Range Rules (Study. You will need to know the range rules after the orientation and before you get your range badge. Note: If you have time before you get your range badge try our range safety fun quiz. The answers are right in the hints.
- Family range badge discount: The total cost for a spouse that joins Garrison with you, and also purchases a AGC range badge is only $125 for 2023 ($50 Garrison membership, $75 for Annual Family Range Badge). The same additional cost applies to other immediate family members that live at your address between the ages of 18 – 23 years old. Renewals thereafter would be $95 per year ($20 Garrison membership, $75 Annual Family Range Badge) as long as you continue to maintain both your Garrison club membership and an annual AGC Range Badge.
- Guest Policy: A club member with a range badge can get bring guest(s) to the range. Members spouse and children under 18 can shoot for free as guest(s). Other guest(s) can shoot for $15 per guest per day. The guest(s) must be fully supervised by you and obtain a guest bracelet from the AGC office. This means that you, the member, cannot shoot when a guest is shooting. Only one guest in your party may shoot at a time.
- Membership in Garrison Rifle & Revolver Club provides club members the opportunity to purchase firearms and ammunition from the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) at subsidized prices suitable for target training.
Directions: Click here for Google Map directions from your location
- Address: 11518 Marriottsville Road, Marriottsville, MD 21104
- 100 Yard (Barnes Range House) or Pistol Ranges: use Wards Chapel Road entrance.
- Memorial Hall Building on the Trap Range: use AGC lane entrance on Marriottsville Rd.
Over 300 members. Garrison Rifle and Revolver club is a great club to join if you want to improve your marksmanship skills, take part in competitive events, or shoot at a safe place on your schedule. Prospective members that are US citizens or legal residents of the United States, and 18 years or older can apply to join. The club officers correspond with members through our newsletter about club shooting events, meetings, and renewal notices.
THE SECOND Amendment
“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”