Club Trap Shoot
Come out and enjoy some trap shooting before our monthly club meeting. This event is for members only. If you have any questions about our club shoot contact club member Robert Mosner at Shotgunexec@garrisonrr.org
Before you arrive you will need to purchase trap shooting coupons. You can order the coupons online and then take your printed invoice or show a copy of your invoice on your cell phone to the RSO at the 100 yard barnes range house, or purchase them from the AGC RSO when you arrive.
You will also need to bring ammunition with a maximum powder load of 3 drams equivalent, shot size 7 1/2, 8 or 9, and a maximum muzzle velocity of 1200 fps are permitted.
Other rules as follows.
2. Shooting forward of the 16 yard line is prohibited. (C2)
3. Only shotguns firing a maximum powder load of 3 drams equivalent, shot size 7 1/2, 8 or 9, and a maximum muzzle velocity of 1200 fps are permitted. (C3)
4. Firing slugs is prohibited. (C4)
5. Shotguns shall remain unloaded with actions open at all times until on station and ready to shoot. ECIs are optional on this range only. (C2)
6. When shooting handicaps, shooters may shoot from a staggered position not to exceed 2 yards. (C2)
7. Portable traps and other throwing devices may be used when positioned on or behind the 16-yard line. (C2)
8. No one shall proceed beyond a trap house when any other fields are in use. (C2)
9. Spent and/or unspent shot shells shall not be picked up until shooters have unloaded and racked their shotguns. (C2)
10. It is permitted to walk to the trap house as long as the field is ‘clear’. Shooters shall unload and rack their shotguns prior to anyone going to the trap house. (C2)
11. When a person is in a trap house, an orange safety cone shall be placed on top of the trap house. (C3)
12. All firearms used on the Trap Range shall be fired from the shoulder. (C2)
13. Folding stocks shall be in the extended position. (C2)