- Join the MSRPA Apply Online Now
Why should I join the State Association?
The NATIONAL Rifle Association sponsors and sanctions National Competitions, and defends your rights in Washington, DC.
The STATE Association sponsors and sanctions local competitions in Maryland, and defends your rights in Maryland
How the MSRPA works for You
For more than 50 years, the Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Association has been the Official NRA State Association – chartered by the NRA to sanction all firearms competitions in the State of Maryland.
- Organizes and conducts state championship matches in all shooting disciplines
- Sponsors the official Maryland State Rifle Team and the Maryland State Pistol Team, helping to send them to the National Championships at Camp Perry each year
- Develops, promotes, funds and maintains active and ongoing Junior Programs in hunting, competitive shooting, and Olympic Training Camps.
- Promotes the establishment of safe shooting ranges and hunting lands.
- Promotes hunting and emphasizes safety and hunter education.
- Fully affiliated with the Director of Civilian Marksmanship and the National Board for the
- Promotion of Rifle Practice. Marksmanship clinics and training are provided to both seniors and juniors.
- The Association trains interested persons in marksmanship and the safe handling and efficient use of firearms through its affiliated clubs and by means of special state-wide programs
- Offers hunter safety courses required before a person can purchase a hunting license in Maryland – several times each year in each county.
- Basic shooting skills and safe gun handling are taught each year.
How the MSRPA fights for Your Rights
MSRPA organizes and maintains a state-wide network of contacts with legislators and other public officials, both to keep such individuals informed about the interests of the shooting community and to oppose any legislation adversely affecting or limiting our interests.
MSRPA maintains a presence in Annapolis tracking legislation, communicating with legislators, testifying at hearings, organizing and participating in rallies, and representing the views of you, the law-abiding gun owner.
MSRPA members are kept informed of happenings in Annapolis via our newsletter, the DownRange. Published at least four times a year, it contains vital and lively information regarding pending and implemented legislation; gun shows; opinion; DCM match competitions; litigation updates, shooting ranges and range news; match results; humor; sweepstakes, and a variety of provocative information of concern to every Maryland gun owner.
As part of their service to members, MSRPA maintains a site on the Internet featuring late-breaking news, updates, and items of interest.
THE SECOND Amendment
“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”