07 May Coronavirus News Update: Range reopen with the following additional, temporary, phase 1 range rules. It is important that we adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Everyone wears a “Face Covering” that covers nose and mouth.
- Building access for employees/EXCOM members only.
- No Guests allowed during Phase 1.
- Odd number lanes only on 50 and 100 yard lines (all other spaces, 6-ft social distance).
- Limit event size based on Range used to allow for social distancing.
- Only porta-potties will be available, disinfectant will be available.
- No meetings or training classes in Barnes or Memorial Hall.
- CIO’s may buy range time only. Adhere to proper shooter position spacing.
Badge sales are expected to commence Saturday, 5/9/2020, during normal sales hours.
About Us – Our Club Members
Over 400 members. Garrison Rifle and Revolver club is a great club to join if you want to improve your marksmanship skills, take part in competitive events, or shoot at the AGC ranges on your schedule.
A significant number of our members take part in Bullseye Pistol, High Power Rifle, Smallbore Rifle, and also Trap events. Garrison promotes improvements to marksmanship skills for all ages and abilities and good sportsmanship.
Charter club of the Associated Gun Clubs (AGC) of Baltimore
Garrison Rifle & Revolver club is one of the fifteen charter voting clubs of the Associated Gun Clubs (AGC) of Baltimore, Inc that includes more than thirty clubs. The Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore Maryland is located in Marriottsville Maryland at 11518 Marriottsville Road.
Garrison Club History
Incorporated in 1943, Garrison formed as a Minuteman club as the result of World War II. The club members performed volunteer guard duty for power stations, reservoirs, and other strategic installations. After peace came to the world, club members’ attention shifted to finding a suitable place to build a range for target practice and to hold competitive matches. On July 1, 1944, Garrison Rifle & Revolver members were instrumental in forming the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC) and purchasing the original acreage to found the Marriottsville Range on Marriottsville Road.
Garrison Rifle & Revolver Club Affiliations
THE SECOND Amendment
“A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”